Get Best Claims With UK Lawyers For Industrial Deafness

If you are suffering from hearing loss, and your illness was caused by somebody else, such as a past employer, then you may be eligible for financial compensation. The law makes it very clear that if you are suffering from an injury, disease or illness that has been caused by another person or entity, then you have the legal right to make a claim.



Most personal injury claims have a three-year limitation period, which starts from either the date their accident happened, or the date their injuries were first diagnosed. However, in the case of industrial deafness, it is possible to bring forward historic cases. If your industrial deafness occurred some time ago, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible.

It is also important to remember that the other side will only pay you compensation, if your solicitor can prove that they are liable for your industrial deafness.

Making a Claim for Industrial Deafness

Industrial deafness can occur suddenly, or it can develop over time. And often, people do not link their illness to past work, putting it down to ‘getting older’. Whatever situation you have found yourself in with regards to this, you have the legal right to compensation, and it may be possible for you to make a claim for your industrial deafness, even if you worked for a company over 20 years’ ago. However, it must be proven that your past employer did cause your illness, and for that, you will need a specialist lawyer to process your injury claim.

Who will my industrial deafness claim be with?

Most industrial deafness claims can be processed successfully with a past or present employer’s insurer, according to . If your employer was insured at the time of the event that triggered your illness, or during the period that you worked for them, then you will be able to claim.

In cases where there is no insurer to claim with, it may still be possible to make a claim with the other side, if they are still operating.

Where can I get expert legal advice?

You can get immediate legal advice online, by sending an enquiry to a reputable law firm, or you can call a helpline that operates a minicom. Law firms that specialise in industrial deafness claims have support systems in place, so that you can communicate with them effectively. Most claims can also be processed without the need for you to visit a lawyer in person, too. This is valuable, since it means that you will not have to leave the comfort of your own home to make a claim with an experienced, reputable solicitor.

Martha Sparks

Learn More →